One year since being the epicenter of COVID-19 in the Philippines, Cebu is on its way to adjusting to ‘the new normal’. After successfully controlling cases and stopping re-surges from happening, the local government of Cebu is now allowing travel for business and leisure for domestic or local visitors.
According to the Inter-Agency Task Force, the whole province of Cebu, including Cebu City, is placed under Modified General Community Quarantine from May 1-31, 2020. Under this classification, essential and non-essential travel is permitted as long as tourists strictly observe the following guidelines.
- All tourists entering Cebu through the Mactan-Cebu International Airport should be wearing face masks and face shields at all times, especially during their flight.
- Necessary documents should be prepared and ready before boarding the plane. Passengers with incomplete documents will not be allowed to board.
- All tourists should present a confirmed round trip plane tickets
- All tourists should fill out and complete the Cebu Public Health Passenger Locator Form
The travel requirements and procedure implemented in Cebu City is stricter compared to the rest of the province. As set by the Cebu City LGU, the following are the travel requirements for APORs:
Travel Requirements | APOR
APOR, or Authorized Persons Outside of Residents are travelers to Cebu City for official business or employment. According to the guidelines of the IATF, the following are considered APORs:
- Health and emergency frontline service personnel
- Government officials and government frontline personnel
- Duly authorized humanitarian assistance actors (HAAs)
- Persons traveling for medical or humanitarian reasons
- Persons going to the airport for travel abroad
- Anyone crossing zones for work or business permitted in the zone of destination, and going back home
- Negative RT-PCR result (Test must have been taken 3 days from the date of travel)
- Safe, Swift, and Smart Passage (S-Pass) Registration (To register: Upload all documents to https://s-pass.ph/)
- Travel Coordination Permit (TCP) or Travel Thru Permit (TPP) QR
Government-employed or IATF members should also include their valid government identification and mission/travel order.
Travel Requirements | Tourists
To aid the economy of Cebu City, tourists with non-essential travel purposes are also allowed to go to the Visayan capital given that they present the following requirements:
- RT-PCR Negative result (test must have been taken 3 days from the date of travel)
- Safe, Swift, and Smart Passage (S-Pass) Registration. (To register: Upload all documents to https://s-pass.ph/)
- Travel Coordination Permit (TCP) or Travel Thru Permit (TPP) QR Code
Meanwhile, the latest directive from the provincial government of Cebu is not requiring APORs and domestic tourists to undergo mandatory testing or quarantine protocols as long as they present the following requirements:
- Valid IDs
- Medical Certificate
- Approved pass after symptoms were checked and screened
- Strictly comply with the minimum health standards during their stay
Government APORs are also required to have their original travel mission order by their respective superiors.
Other tips and reminders:
Get your RT-PCR Test from DOH-accredited laboratories
Only RT-PCR test results from DOH-accredited laboratories will be honored and considered as a valid requirement when entering Cebu City. Also, keep in mind that the negative test result should be within the 72-hour window prior to your date of travel.
Strictly observe health and safety protocols upon arrival and departure
Comply with the minimum health and safety standards implemented in the province at all times, from arrival to departure. Have all your travel documents readily available for checkpoints and inspections.
JEG Tower @ One Acacia is Cebu City’s newest PEZA accredited premium green building. With its sustainable and green features, the 22-storey commercial tower contributes to Cebu City’s resilience against pandemics and future disease outbreaks. Visit our website at www.jegtower.com to learn more.